Dear FSU Family Member
Florida State’s spring break is right around the corner! No matter what plans your student has made, we want him or her to rejuvenate, have fun, and most importantly, be SAFE! Before your student starts his or her break, we hope you will take some time to discuss these tips, your expectations, and your concern for safety. These tips were also shared with your student via email.
Suggested tips to ensure a successful Spring Break:
* Make sure your family knows your plans including destination, dates, and emergency contact numbers.
* Copy all forms of identification in case your wallet is lost or stolen.
* At hotels, be sure to lock your door at all times and keep valuables in a safe or at the front desk.
* Use caution at all times by making sure you are ALWAYS with a group of people whenever you go.
* Make smart and legal decisions about alcohol use. Never drive under the influence!
In addition, please remind your NOLE to Uphold the Garnet & Gold while on break!
- Demonstrating respect for ourselves and others
- Taking responsibility for yourself and those around you
- Reflecting the values of Florida State
Mary B. Coburn
Vice President for Student Affairs